We employ approximately 600 people across the country, including roughly 275 employees at our head office in Mississauga – headquarters for Scientific Affairs, Clinical Research, Finance, Information Services, Corporate Affairs, and Sales and Marketing. These employees work to provide our medicines to more than three million Canadians.
Key Therapeutic Areas
AstraZeneca focuses its skills and resources in six key therapeutic areas:
- As part of our commitment to improving the health and quality of life of Canadians, we are dedicated to supporting a wide range of charitable and educational initiatives across the country.
- As an Imagine Caring Company, we are committed to donating a minimum of one per cent of pre-tax profits to Canadian community organizations and encouraging employee volunteering.
- In 2011, our Young Health Program was launched in Canada. As part of a larger global effort, AstraZeneca is helping to make disconnected young people around the world understand and deal with the health issues they face. Through collaboration with three leading Canadian organizations – Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada, Mind Your Mind, and Physical Health Education (PHE) Canada – this long-term investment program aims to make a measurable and sustainable difference to improve the health of a generation.
- We have a long-standing partnership with Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC), a Montreal-based charitable organization that provides much needed medicines, vaccines, medical supplies and devices for use by humanitarian or disaster relief missions in developing countries.
- Since 2000, we have donated more than $16.8 million in humanitarian product donations to HPIC.
To learn more about our community involvement worldwide, please visit our global site www.astrazeneca.com.